2017/18 - REGISTRATION is now open to all: Places are limited and filling fast
Existing members of 1st Kanata Scout Group:
- From 1 May to 22 May 2017, we accepted re-registrations exclusively for existing members of 1st Kanata Scout Group to all of our sections.
- From 23 May, registration is open to all.
- Also, if you register by 30 June, you will receive a $30 discount, paying $215 rather than $245.
- Your renewed membership will be valid for the year from 1 September 2017 to 31 August 2018; your existing membership is valid till the end of the current scouting year - 31 August 2017 so you can join in our summer program.
- Exclusive registration for returning members is open till Monday 22 May and from 23 May, registration will be open to all. Once that happens, there is no guarantee that you will get a place.
SIGN IN to MyScouts.ca and go to the MyFamily Tab to register. See the pdf Guide below - go straight to Step 8 - for full details.
New to Scouting? If you want to join scouting for the first time, you will be able to register from 23 May and your membership will be active immediately; that means you can go to meetings and join in the summer program; your membership will take you through to 31 August 2018 (15 months for the price of 12). To take advantage of this offer, you must register by 30 June 2017.
Renewing and moving from another Group. If you are currently in a different Group and want to join 1st Kanata from next scouting year, you will be able to register from 23 May.
>>> We encourage all returning and new members to register online at MyScouts.ca <<<
IRM: If you have IRM funds, please register on-line and then claim a refund; please contact the Registrar@1stKanataScouts.org to let him know that you have registered and have IRM funds to reclaim.
Need Financial Help? The scouting experience is accessible to any family in financial need. This year subsidies are available through the National office under the No One Left Behind (NOLB) program. Please visit this link before starting the online registration process. If you wish to seek additional subsidies which may be available for registration and section activities, please contact the Registrar@1stKanataScouts.org in confidence. If you intend to use the NOLB scheme, please would you let the Registrar know - you don't have to, but it does make our task a lot easier.
Scouting - powered by Volunteers. Scouting is dependent on volunteers to make it happen and as ever, we need more. Many of our volunteer scouters (uniformed adult leaders) are parents, but they don't need to be; there are many great people out there with the skills we need that don't realize we are looking for them - if you know one, send them our way. And, not all volunteers need to be scouters - we need help in many areas on a more specialist or ad-hoc basis. Right now, we have capped the size of our junior sections (Beavers and Cubs) due to a shortage of identified scouters for next year - in fact, a shortage of scouters is one of the major limitations to the growth of scouting - there is no shortage of kids that want to join. So, please consider how you might get involved - please talk to Graham at GC@1stKanataScouts.org to find out more.
Fees and Dates:
- Advance / Spring Registration from 1 May to 30 June 2017 - $215
- Returning member priority 1 - 22 May
- Registration open to all from 23 May
- Regular Registration from 1 July to 31 December 2017 - $245
- Late Registration from 1 January 2018 to 30 April 2018 - $175
Registrations are generally accepted throughout the year, but acceptance is subject to available places in the scouting Section; if a Section is full, you will have the option of joining a waiting list.
Helpful Guide: There is a downloadable guide at the bottom of this page for:
- If you have never registered a child (as a participant) or yourself (as a volunteer) before with MyScouts; start at the beginning of the guide.
- If you already have a MyScouts account because you have either registered yourself or a child before, start at Step 8 of the guide.
- If you experience any issues while trying to log in or create an account, please contact the Scouts Canada Help Desk: HelpCentre@Scouts.ca
- or call: 1-888-885-3336
- For those that register Early / Spring, a full refund is available only if requested by 31 October 2017.
- For those that register after 1 July 2017, a full refund is available only within 45 days from date of registration or 1st meeting - whichever is earliest.
- Please let us know as soon as possible if your plans change; contact Registrar@1stKanataScouts.org
If you are interested in volunteering as a:
- Scouter (an Adult Leader)
- Member of the Just Do Crew (parent helpers for events etc)
- Member of the Bike Fix Crew (fixing up bikes for sale at our annual Bike Exchange). E-mail Bikes@1stKanataScouts.org for more information.
- Ice Rink Maintenance that helps raise some additional funds for scouting registration or activities. This is a really cool job of clearing and flooding the rinks at RMPS and SLPS once a week. E-mail Jason at IRM@1stKanataScouts.org for more information.
- Helping out at meetings etc / something else?
Then please contact the Group Commissioner - Ken at GC@1stKanataScouts.org
Any questions about 1st Kanata Scout Programs? Email our Registrar, Ken at Registrar@1stKanataScouts.org for more information.