Thank you for your interest in the 1st Kanata Scout Group Bike Exchange and Sale 2020.
With the current restrictions put in place to slow the spread of COVID-19, the 1st Kanata Scout Group Bike Exchange and Sale will not be held on 24/25 Apr 2020.
If it is safe to do a smaller version of the Bike Exchange and Sale may be held in the summer of this year.
Scouts Canada has also suspended all in-person Scouting activities at this time. So we will not be accepting any bike donations or running any Bike Repair Sessions until further notice.
Thank you for your understanding. We hope to see you later in the summer or at the Bike Exchange and Sale in 2021.
HOW IT WORKS
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Arrive at the Mlacak Centre on Saturday morning.
- When you arrive at the Mlacak Centre parking lot, there will be signs telling you where to go.
- PLEASE NOTE: The line-up starts early
- People lining from the door to the arena and through the lobby, will be given a ticket (one per person) and an information leaflet (one per family/visiting group).
- People will be permitted into the Arena/Seating area (not onto the sale floor) at 8:00am.
- First people will be allowed on the sales floor at 8:30am.
- Follow the directions to the seating area - seating is in accordance with your ticket number as you will be allowed onto the sales area in the order of arrival.
- Take an opportunity to read the leaflet - there will be information about general safety in the arena, buying your bike, sizing, fitting helmets and scouting.
- From 8:30am onwards, customers will be called forward in groups in order of the numbers on the tickets.
- There will be gaps of several minutes between each group being called. This is to ensure that each group gets chance to look at the bikes and also to keep numbers on the floor to a safe and manageable level.
- It is first come - first served.
Every so often, we will ask those seated in the bleachers to move down to make space for more people coming in. Please work with the people directing you.
You will be able to visit washrooms and buy coffee/baked goods while you wait - correct change would be appreciated. Cash only please.
ONCE ON THE FLOOR
- Look for your bikes.
- There will be an area where you can try them. Anyone under 18 is encouraged to wear a helmet to ride a bike.
- There will also be people that you can ask about sizing and technical matters.
- Once you have found the bike(s) you like, take them to the check out.
- Payment is cash or cheque (with ID) only. There is no ATM in the building; the nearest ATMs are Signature Centre (BMO), Centrum (TD, CIBC, ScotiaBank ), or March Road (RBC, HSBC)
- Take the opportunity to look at the other stalls and displays around the edges of the arena.
PLEASE NOTE: prices are set by the seller and are non-negotiable.