How to Donate a Bike
Each year at the Bike Exchange, we find we could have sold more bikes. While the date of the Exchange is often a convenient time for disposing of an old bike in readiness to buy a new bike (either from us or a store), you may want to dispose of a bike at other times of the year. And so, we will be happy to take donated bikes throughout the year. And they can be in any condition. If you have any boxes of bike spares as well, we would be happy to take those from you too.
We have a dedicated team of bike fixers who work on the donated bikes year round. Sometimes the bike just needs cleaning. Sometimes a small repair, sometimes the team will build one good bike from the components of 2 or 3 other bikes. This is true recycling :-)
How Do I Donate a Bike?
Easy, just send an e-mail to us at: Bikes@1stKanataScouts.org and tell us what you have and how to contact you.
There are 2 options:
- We may be able to come and collect the bike(s) from you - depending on where you live.
- You can drop the bikes off at our repair location door #44, 340 Legget Dr. https://goo.gl/maps/ZVyXS; the bike fix team meets most Sunday mornings (between 10:00 and 12:00) - but best to check in with them by e-mail first.
Thank You for Your Donation
Your donated bike achieves several things:
- It has value, what ever condition it is in, and so we can give it a new lease on life.
- It creates extra space for you - and keeps another bike OUT of the land-fill
- It helps raise funds for local scouting - it helps develop Canada's leaders of tomorrow. You can find out more about us at 1st Kanata Scouts.
Contact us now at Bikes@1stKanataScouts.org - and a very nice person will get back to you very soon.