The scouting experience is accessible to any family in financial need. This year subsidies are available through the National office under the No One Left Behind (NOLB) program. Please visit this link before starting the online registration process. If you wish to seek additional subsidies available for registration and activities locally, please contact the Registrar@1stKanataScouts.org in confidence.
Fees and Dates:
- Regular Registration from 1 July 2015 - $210
Registrations are generally accepted throughout the year, subject to places in the scouting Section;
however, May/June and early September are peak times to join the program.
Helpful Guide: There is a downloadable guide at the bottom of this page for:
- If you haven't ever registered a child or yourself before with MyScouts (start at the beginning of the guide)
- If you already have a MyScouts account because you have either registered yourself or a child before (start at step 8 of the guide)
- If you experience any issues while trying to log in or create an account, please contact the Scouts Canada Help Desk: HelpCentre@Scouts.ca
or call: 1-888-885-3336
- For those that register Early / Spring, a full refund is available only if requested by 31 October 2015.
- For those that register after 1 July 2015, a full refund is available only within 45 days from date of registration or 1st meeting - whichever is earliest.
- Please let us know as soon as possible if your plans change; contact Registrar@1stKanataScouts.org
Sections, Meeting Locations and Times
| Grade|| Section||Location|| Days||Time || Start week|
| SK - Gr2|| Colony A|| SLPS|| Mondays|| 6:00 - 7:00 pm||14 Sep 15|
| SK - Gr2|| Colony B|| All Saints|| Mondays|| 6:00 - 7:00 pm||14 Sep 15|
| Gr3 - Gr5|| Cobra Pack|| All Saints|| Mondays|| 6:30 - 8:00 pm||14 Sep 15|
| Gr3 - Gr5|| Lynx Pack|| SLPS|| Mondays|| 7:00 - 8:30 pm||14 Sep 15|
| Gr6 - Gr8|| Troop|| Georges Vanier || Mondays|| 7:00 - 9:00 pm||14 Sep 15|
| Gr9 - Gr12|| Company|| BCC|| Mondays|| 7:30 - 9:00 pm||14 Sep 15|
| >Gr12 :-)|| Group Committee|| BCC || 2nd Tuesday|| 7:00 - 9:00 pm||8 Sep 15|
Labour Day is 7 September 2015 and most schools start back on Tuesday 8 September. Scout meetings start the following Monday.
If you are interested in volunteering as a:
- Member of the Just Do Crew (parent helpers for events etc)
- Member of the Bike Fix Crew (fixing up bikes for sale at our annual Bike Exchange)
- Ice Rink Maintenance that helps raise some additional funds for scouting registration or activities. This is a really cool job of clearing and flooding the rinks at RMPS and SLPS once a week. Email Peter at IRM@1stKanataScouts.org for more information.
- something else?